List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: Writing to Solaris Partitions
From:       "Jack J. Woehr" <jwoehr () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 15:26:48

Artur Grabowski wrote:

> "Jack J. Woehr" <jwoehr@attglobal.net> writes:
>
> > Is it safe in 3.1 current to write to Solaris partitions from OpenBSD?
> >
> > I'm assuming yes, yes, yes, but I just wanted to be *berry* sure before
> > I mount them other than read-only.
>
> I don't think it's safe to do a normal mount, but a long time ago, noatime
> worked.

Sounds dangerous. Guess until someone authoritatively pronounces on this
or until I get a larger disk with some spare partitions for messing around I will
mount Solaris partitions read-only.

Thanx, Artur.

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # Ceterum censeo
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # in herbas belli