List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: oBSD/Sparc64 on Sun Netra?
From:       Chuck Yerkes <chuck () snew ! com>
Date:       2001-12-14 4:40:01

Quoting Jameel Akari (jakari@bithose.com):
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Jason Wright wrote:
> > Support for the X1 is only in current is very new (basically about 4
> > days old).  dmesg is below, you can see what we support and what we
> > don't pretty easily...
> 	*nods*  Well, at least it boots.  I suppose I can stick with
> Solaris 8 for now, though I'll have to try getting an ipsecadm-workalike
> on there.
And NetBSD, likely (just for the record).

> > I am not terribly familiar with the T1/AC200, so I can't comment
> > much on support for it.  Got one you could send me?
> 	Wish I could.  Had to fight to get the ones we have.  Basically,
> it's almost the same machine, but with SCSI disks instead of IDE.  No
> hardware RAID.
Actually, you pull them apart, the T1 is a much different machine.
And no Sun has hardware RAID.

> 	Which now that I think about it, makes me wonder why the T1 costs
> $1500 more.. grr.

Because it's a better machine than the X1 (still not great).

> > usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
>
> 	And why did they put USB in them when Sun says they can't run with
> anything but a serial console?
Because there are other things that use USB?  Like, hmm, scanners?
Cameras?  Compact Flash readers.  Smart card readers, etc.