List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    hme0: device timeout on Ultra 1, 3.0?
From:       Doug Johnson <djo () agora ! rdrop ! com>
Date:       2001-12-09 0:48:22

I just installed OpenBSD/sparc64 3.0 on an Ultra 1 (1E, possibly)
167MHz system, 440M ram..

I have an onboard hme ethernet port as well as an sbus hme port I
added in. It installed without any issues, and came up fine when I
brought it up multi-user.

But, after setting up a few daemons (named, dhcpd, httpd, etc) I
started getting messages saying:

hme0: device timeout
hme1: device timeout

I disbaled all of the daemons I set up, brought my configuration back to
it's original state. I tried setting the media and mediaopt options
to different settings, and finally tried taking the sbus card out.

None of this has worked, and I'm not quite sure what the problem is..
Any fixes? Something I'm doing wrong?

If y'all need a dmesg let me know; the machine isn't networked so it'll
take a bit of effort.

Thanks in advance,

~d