List:       openbsd-smp
Subject:    Re: List archives?
From:       Jean-Jacques Bernard-Gundol <Jean-Jacques.Bernard () hsc ! fr>
Date:       2000-07-28 14:28:58

William Yodlowsky <wyodlows@nj.devry.edu> écrivait (wrote) :

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Jean-Jacques Bernard-Gundol wrote:
>
> > William Yodlowsky <wyodlows@nj.devry.edu> écrivait (wrote) :
> >
> > > And, dare I hope to dream, should the sparc64 port ever need someone to
> > > test SMP on, I've got two boxes that would love to run OpenBSD  =)
> >
> > According to http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html OpenBSD cannot run on
> > UltraSparc based hardware, but according to want.html, developpers
> > would like to have access to this type of machines :)).  But I
> > think SMP on Ultra is quite far.
>
> Far is too mild a word =)

Yes sorry.

> I watch that link fairly often and have posted in the past about the
> sparc64 port.  For those who are interested, the reason I usually get is
> that Sun doesn't donate hardware to *BSD and they cost way too much to buy
> several for porting purposes.  Makes sense to me =)

I have some contacts at Sun France, and they always disagree to give
hardware. They can give all the software desired, but no hardware
:(, Even "old" hardware (Ultra 1 and 2).
It is possible to rent hardware but only for specific purposes and
companies.

> Search the mailing list archives for 'sparc64' if you want the gritty
> details :-)

Some of them are still in one of my mailbox :).

>    _____
>  ,' ___ `.                                           William Yodlowsky
>  | |   | |                                       wyodlows@nj.devry.edu
> _'_|___|_`_   Security
> |         |            First,
> |         |                   Last,
> | OpenBSD |                             Always
> `---------'                                    http://www.openbsd.org/

JJ

--
Jean-Jacques Bernard-Gundol *-*-* HSC *-*-* Network Security Consultant