List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: state of keyboard repeat-error?
From:       Philip Plane <philip () xinqu ! net>
Date:       2005-04-26 21:28:16

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Dale Rahn wrote:

> There are some issues with the adb keyboard, but it sounds like the problem
> you describe is the race between getty and X input when XDM is used.
>
> If getty and X(xdm) is running on the same terminal, this 'stuck key' problem
> will occur, it is necessary to disable getty (/etc/ttys) on ttyC0 if XDM
> is used.  An alternative is to log into the text console and start X with
> 'startx'.  Other architectures have multiple virtual terminals, thus avoid
> this problem.

I also had this sticky key problem on my B&W G3 and my old iMac, both
running 3.6. The problem occured when using xdm, and when starting X with
startx.

When I started X on the iMac and used it as an xterm it worked fine, no
sticky keys. e.g. "X -query bigmac" from the iMac got a connection to XDM
on the G3. Business as usual, no problems.

--
Philip Plane    _____   philip@xinqu.net