List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: ehci on old g3?
From:       "David Gwynne" <loki () animata ! net>
Date:       2005-04-25 21:29:59

From: "Niclas Sodergard" <nickus@boomp.org>

> I'm running OpenBSD on a G3 B&W. I was thinking of getting an ral(4) usb
> adapter to work as a access point but then I realised that this machine
> only has USB1.1 as standard. I checked the
> http://www.openbsd.org/macppc.html but ehci(4) is not listed as supported
> on the macppc platform. I just wanted to check if it would work on this
> machine if I get a extra USB2.0 controller and a ral(4) usb stick.

USB 2 controllers are supported. Please note that the uhci controllers are
not supported in GENERIC by macppc, so you might want to be careful when you
buy a 3rd party USB2 controller to make sure that it has ohci companion
controllers. However, the only reason uhci isn't enabled is that noone has
actually tried one in macppc. It should work fine.

In answer to your question, yes, it will work.

dlg