List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: booting from USB
From:       Dale Rahn <drahn () dalerahn ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 20:05:13

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 03:24:55PM -0400, Seth Gordon wrote:
> How (if at all) can I set up OpenFirmware to boot from a USB drive and
> use disklabel to install the appropriate boostrap code on the drive?

If openfirmware on your machine recognizes the USB drive as a disk, it
is possible. Original PBG4 15" is able to do this, imac Rev C is not.
Newer machines are likely to be able to do this as well.

I have installed a USB zip250 with the normall use whole disk install
and it was able to boot/run from it. it was a bit slow and crowded on
the zip250 (250MB).

Dale Rahn				drahn@dalerahn.com