List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: 6100/60 with a G3 upgrade?
From:       "Jonas =?iso-8859-1?q?Sundstr=F6m?=" <jonas.sundstrom () kirilla ! com>
Date:       2004-04-12 8:56:46

Jeff Ross <jross@openvistas.net> wrote:

> > OpenBSD doesn't run at all on those old Macs.
> > (I have 4 6100/66 with 250MHz G3 cards. FWIW
> > MKLinux won't run with the G3 cards either) :(

> Yellow Dog Linux ran just peachy (well, for linux)
> on my 8500 with the Sonnet G3 upgrade card.

The 6100 is Nubus-based, unlike the 8500 which is PCI-based.

BeOS never supported the pre-PCI PowerMacs. Only models with the 603/
604 CPUs were officially supported, AFAIK, though some models could be
upgraded with G3/G4 cards. http://irlbug.beosjournal.org/ppc.html

(FWIW, pardon the mixed-topic content)

/Jonas Sundström.                www.kirilla.com