List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: iBook (late 2002) stand alone OpenBSD
From:       anselmg () t-online ! de (Anselm Garbe)
Date:       2003-07-03 10:14:43

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:00:31AM +0000, Miod Vallat wrote:
> The OpenBSD installation proces, if you choose a dedicated OpenBSD
> installation, will create a small (1MB) msdos partition, which will
> contain the ofwboot bootloader. As the Open Firmware is able to read
> both HFS and msdos partitions, it will boot fine.

Great! Now, I know what I'm going to do this weekend :)

> > Another point is, that wsconsctl (of 3.3) seems not to be able to set my
> > brightness or backlight. Any hints?
>
> This only works on older iBook models as of 3.3. There is code in
> -current which makes it work in a larger range of models.

Well I only updated some kernel specific source files and rebuilt the
kernel to solve some cpu idle and resulting heat issues, but I'm going
to build a current kernel then, to check, if this works.

I'll post some feedback if all this was done finally at this weekend.

-Anselm