List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Studiodisplay 17" XFree86 ati
From:       Urs Breinlinger <urs () potato ! ghb ! fh-furtwangen ! de>
Date:       2003-04-29 20:28:18

Hello,

I have some problems with my new Apple Studio Display 17" which is
connected via ADC to my Cube.  I run OpenBSD 3.3 (Snapshot from
2003-04-23).

I can use the "wsfb" driver with XFree without any problem, but I want
to have accelerated X with more than 8 bit.  So I told X to use the
"ati" driver and that worked well with any mode, but only with a
CRT-Monitor attached.  If the TFT is connected, the screen goes blank
after a "startx".  I guess I have to use a special modeline for that
TFT, I tested different ones but all failed.  I tryed to get a working
modeline out of a running OS-X with the same display, but I wasn't
able to get it from quartz.  :)

dmesg: http://141.28.227.63/dmesg
XF86Config: http://141.28.227.63/XF86Config
XFree86.0.log: http://141.28.227.63/XFree86.0.log