List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Status of GNU Readline ?
From:       Anil Madhavapeddy <anil () recoil ! org>
Date:       2000-10-25 2:19:40

Quoting Sontri Tomo Huynh <huynh.29@osu.edu>:

> I saw some talk awhile back about putting a current release of
> GNU readline into the tree, or perhaps updating what is in
> gnu/usr.bin/binutils/readline wouls suffice.  What is the current
> status of this?  I would just like to add that one more potential
> port (hxd-0.1.28 Hotline client) depends on this.

The entire source and ports tree is in freeze and testing at
the moment for 2.8, so this wont happen until after that release.

Even then, NetBSD has a libedit in its tree which provides a
GNU readline compatible interface (along with more).  If it's
decent, then that could be a better target than GNU readline,
and remove the duplication (we have both in our tree atm, and
the readline is ancient).

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>