List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    RE: Faking installation, new one
From:       Thierry Deval <TDeval () PrimeOBJ ! COM>
Date:       2000-02-27 21:21:30

On 27-Feb-00 Marc Espie wrote:
> This patch works somewhat better.
> As is usual with pkg_*, I found out that what I was missing actually exists,
> but is not documented yet... Namely, you can use
> pkg_create -p dir -s fake
> to create a package that will extract under dir, but is using files under
> fake instead...
>
> I also tried a few more packages. Imake is trivial, since DESTDIR is supplied
> for that.
>

> Instead of running a full-tilt set of mtree, I've also taken the few dirs
> that are needed for package-installation, and put it into a separate mtree
> spec, which I attached.
>
> Comments wanted.

It works :-)
I didn't stress it, but it worked as expected on the ports I tried.

But you omitted to tell us how to use it.
You could have told us to patch /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk (which
is, admittedly, obvious to guess), that we have to put the file fake.mtree in
/usr/ports/infrastructure/db/ , and for using it, we should define the variable
FAKE (FAKE=Yes) before invoking 'make package'
(i.e. make FAKE=Yes {install,package} ;-)