List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Suggestion for Packages
From:       Marc Espie <Marc.Espie () liafa ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-27 15:24:24

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 02:32:23PM -0800, Marco S Hyman wrote:

> When using pkg_add it is SUPPOSED to install any dependencies automatically.
> I believe Theo noticed that automatic installation didn't work when
> using pkg_add over the net, e.g. pkg_add ftp://...  Perhaps that's
> never been fixed.

That's been fixed ages ago. There were two distinct bugs:
- no recursive grabs of dependencies -> fixed at package building time
- explicit use of FreeBSD's package directory hierarchy, fixed to a flat
hierarchy (for better or for worse).

> Or perhaps there are other bugs, too.
Oh boy, don't get me started on pkg_* lameness...

--
	Marc Espie