List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: new security/libdigidocpp 3.14.8 (openssl version spec broken?)
From:       Marc Espie <espie () nerim ! net>
Date:       2022-06-07 10:26:32

On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 10:26:08AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> The version checks are done using the pkgname, the path has nothing to do
> with it other than to lookup the pkgname (and pkgspec if present).
>

> By overriding the existing pkgspec coming from security/OpenSSL/X.Y, you are
> taking responsibility for it, so you need to replicate+modify the existing
> spec, there's no means to allow checking against multiple different specs.
>

> --
>  Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
>
> On 7 June 2022 05:19:11 Klemens Nanni <kn@openbsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 04:10:40AM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > > Is our code tripping over a PKGSPEC ending in a version number?
> > > Or is something wrong with how we roll security/openssl/?
> >
> > LIB_DEPENDS += security/openssl/1.1>=1.1.1m,<3
> >
> > has the intended effect and packages fine, so maybe I was just misusing
> > LIB_DEPENPDS or misunderstanding packages-specs(7).
> >
> > Still seems odd, though, since the too high/low versions come from other
> > package paths and not security/openssl/1.1, so why would it find
> > openssl-1.0.2 or openssl-3.0 in the first place?
> >
> > Sorry for the noise in case I'm just missing something obvious here.

You can put whatever specs you want, stuff like
security/openssl/1.1>=1.1.1m,<3
is just a shorthand.  Internally, it gets expanded into
STEM->=1.1.1m,<3:security/openssl/1.1
(and then STEM gets converted into whatever the stem for security/openssl/1.1
is before getting into the pkg args).

there is nothing that prevents writing the exact pkgspec you want as a first
part:
foo-0.0|bar-0.1:some/path
will work just fine.

It's just not necessary 99% of the time.