List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: apache-httpd-2.4.49 fails with mod_ssl (solved)
From:       Mike Fischer <fischer+obsd () lavielle ! com>
Date:       2021-09-28 22:04:46

Hi Stuart!

Looks like it's just a one-off issue. On a second machine I skipped the `apachectl \
restart` and did the `rcctl restart apache2` and it worked fine on the first try. I \
suspect that `apachectl start` after the first failure would probably have worked as \
well, since the issue caused all httpd2 processes to terminate.

Also doing `apachectl restart` on an upgraded machine (apache-httpd-2.4.49) works \
fine.

I was not aware previously that `apachectl restart` would effectively be any \
different than `rcctl restart apache2`. But apparently it is. Possibly the `httpd2 -k \
restart` done by the apachectl script does not fully reload the httpd2 binary from \
disk? If that theory is correct then `apachectl stop;apachectl start` would probably \
have worked correctly as well.

Anyway, I hope I helped prevent anyone else getting a little scare like I did :-)
--
Mike Fischer

…