List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Remove textproc/pilot_makedoc?
From:       Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <jca () wxcvbn ! org>
Date:       2017-02-27 19:36:25

This port doesn't respect CC/CXX.  The Makefile comes from our ports
tree, but I wonder whether it should be fixed or removed.  It was
initially added in 1998 and wasn't updated since.

COMMENT=	convert text into the Doc format used by PalmPilots

DESCR:
 makedoc is a utility for compressing and converting text files into the Doc
 standard.  Doc is a program by Rick Bram (see
 http://www.concentric.net/~rbram/) to display text files on many popular
 PDAs, such as the USR PalmPilot.

http://www.concentric.net/~rbram/ gives a 404.

For those who wonder what this is all about:

  https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PalmDOC

The port isn't redistributed since it has no licensing information:

# License: NONE
PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=	no license
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=	no license
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=	no license

Feels like this port is not useful any more.  ok to remove it?

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE