List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: x11/slock: clear passwords with explicit_bzero
From:       Ingo Schwarze <schwarze () usta ! de>
Date:       2016-07-31 6:51:01

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Jung wrote on Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 07:33:29AM +0200:

> But the slock port is a suckless.org tool
> and these tools follow own rules,

Oops, indeed.  I haven't studied the suckless.org concepts
in detail, but i am aware that they do some things in unusual
ways and feel strongly about it.  So some techniques that many
upstreams would consider usual will not apply.

I have no idea how suckless.org implements portability,
so i guess i better shut up about it.

Yours,
  Ingo