List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: emulators/mupen64plus extra plugins + meta port
From:       Ryan Freeman <ryan () slipgate ! org>
Date:       2012-12-27 13:11:02

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 03:36:13AM -0700, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Ryan Freeman writes:

> > FOR
> > >
> > > Any oks?
> > >
> > > If there are no objections I would like to commit these and
> > > http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=135288072515947&w=2
> > > next week.
> >
> > I tested this awhile ago and forgot to report, crap.  I tested them
> > all again, and I believe the results are the same.
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> > video-glide64 : works well, better than rice for some games
> > video-arachnoid : crashes with mesa error
> > video-z64 : segfault
> > rsp-z64 : crashes with mesa error (using rice video known to work)
>
> I noticed the mesa assertion failure, but only with arachnoid:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-x11&m=135288609218114&w=2
>
> Does the video-z64 segfault print a mesa error as well? If not, can you
> build with debugging symbols and provide a backtrace?

it doesn't, but after running z64 in software mesa, i realized games
didn't load until i was also using z64 rsp plugin in tandem.  once
doing this, mesa software z64 worked fine as well.  Naturally running
both in hardware mode gives the usual mesa error :) (same as seen above)

> I do think the mesa issue is strictly a problem with X, not the port. The
> question is how to fix it :)
>
> Also, can you test again with software rendering (i.e., export
> LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 in your environment)?

with software rendering, both z64 and arachnoid work nicely in that
slow kinda way. let me know if i can get you any other info.

-ryan