List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    firefox3 plugin issue
From:       Jeremiah Smith <ssgotenks_23 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-03-28 23:55:53

Hi, after countless hours of headaches I have found a slight problem with the default \
plugin location of firefox3 after being built from ports. The problem is that the \
default location is ~/.mozilla/firefox/plugins This directory seems to work fine for \
most plugins including flash....but the problem lies with java. When it the symbolic \
link is installed in this directory it does not work in firefox. Doesn't show up in \
about:plugins and doesn't work on any java page. A simple created directory for \
~/.mozilla/plugins and putting the symbolic link in there seems to do the trick. And \
all other plugins work in there too. So I guess I am wondering why this is like this \
or if it was simply missed or something. The default plugin directory for firefox3 \
port should be ~/.mozilla/plugins to avoid such confusion. Thank you for your time \
and reading this suggestion. I will be looking forward to a response on this subject. \
At the least maybe the reasonings for this if its needed to be like that for some \
reason. Thanks again.

Jeremiah Smith