List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: [update] Teeworlds 0.5.1
From:       Edd Barrett <vext01 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-29 13:54:25

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 02:05:10PM +0100, dbd wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:00:18 +0000, Edd Barrett <vext01@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Jonathan Armani <dbd@asystant.net>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Do you use the tweak in the MESSAGE ?
> >>
> >> $ cat pkg/MESSAGE-main
> >> Please note that some users will need to set the following environment
> >> variable to fix erratic mouse behaviour on their system:
> >>   export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0
> >
> > Yes, Im using this, or the mouse it weird.
> >

> >> Users of ati video chipset will need to add the following line in
> >> ~/.teeworlds/settings.cfg:
> >>   gfx_noclip 1
>
>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -> I speack about this one too.

Missed that. Yes this fixes the ghosting issue, but not the others.

Heres a screeny:
http://flickr.com/photos/vext01/3235870223/sizes/o/

Notice the chunky fonts. The chunky text is flickering too and you can
see the corrupted icons too.

Hopefully this helps.

PS. If you turn off high quality graphics etc. in settings, this runs
at a decent frame rate on an x31. (There was a discussion on silc, as to
whether an x31 could handle this).

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett