List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: small/smart eiffel port?
From:       Jose Nazario <jose () monkey ! org>
Date:       2003-06-28 2:01:02

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 qrw@xmission.com wrote:

> Since it is based off of SmallEiffel I thought I would take a quick look
> at that port just to see how it was done there.  So I searched through
> the 3.3 ports tree and I don't see it there.  I have a terrible case of
> CRS but I have a vague recollection of installing in from a port at some
> point in the past.  So then it hits me that it was an unofficial port,
> so I head over to the unofficial ports page.  But I don't see it there
> either.  Am I hallucinating (again) or was there at one time a
> SmallEiffell port?

there was a port of smalleiffell, i have attached it here. this is the
version from Vincent Derrien <vincent.derrien@free.fr>. i had been
interested in looking at it and requested it from vincent, but have since
become overwhelmed by more pressing issues.

by all means have a look at this one, i'd love to see it get in the tree.
i don't know how it will do with ELF now on i386, i haven't tested it.