List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Marc Matteo <marcm () lectroid ! net>
Date:       2002-08-29 20:56:49

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, josh wrote:

> ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-debug \
>  --enable-crypto --enable-strip && gmake && gmake install
>
> then in order to execute it, /usr/local/mozilla/xpfe/bootstrap/mozilla
> If I run /usr/local/mozilla/dist/bin/mozilla, it will just hang...
> not quite sure why.

I'm almost positive this is the "components/compreg.dat" issue.  On first
run, Mozilla sets up a bunch of files with components/compreg.dat being
one of them.

If you are having freeze issues, delete components/compreg.dat and try
again.

That being said, those that are *not* having freeze issues, did you
actually install Mozilla or are you running it out of it's "dist"
directory?

Marc