List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: MySQL install difficulties
From:       Jacob Meuser <jakemsr () jakemsr ! com>
Date:       2002-07-03 2:26:47

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 06:37:04PM +0200, Marcus Bointon wrote:

> It looks like the default configuration
> doesn't set prefix=/usr/local/mysql, but leaves it as the default of
> /usr/local, which seems to break the install (it can't find mysqld).

No, that's not the problem.  OpenBSD packages aren't supposed to install
to a $PREFIX/package-foo directory, just $PREFIX.

It makes me curious, why would you think a -stable port could be
wrong in such a way.  Do you think no one else is using mysql
on 3.1-stable?

Most likely it's just a $PATH problem.  It's most definitely a local
config problem, unless mysql just doesn't work on your platform,
which should be specified in problem reports.

--
<jakemsr@jakemsr.com>