List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: UnOfficial OpenBSD Projects in Work
From:       "J. Scott Edwards" <sedwards () xmission ! com>
Date:       2002-03-02 16:37:15

Liam wrote:

> Well, Official ports tracking, or Official projects would be implying
> that there is some sanction or support or recognition, or even interest
> by those who administer openBSD. Or that in some way, this project had
> some sort of connection to the openBSD project itself.
>
> Unofficial, on the other hand, means that there is no implied, official,
> legal, legitimate, or otherwise, recognition or connection between my
> projects and port tracking and the openBSD project itself, other than
> the undeniable fact that what I'm tracking certainly contributes to the
> openBSD effort as whole.

I'm still a bit confused. So do unofficial ports eventually go into the
cvs ports tree?  Is the whole ports tree unoffical in the sense that you
stated above?  Or are there separate unoffical ports?

I have been planning on making a port of a couple of my small projects
on Sourceforge just to get a feel for the whole ports process and how
they work.

Thanks
   -Scott