List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Update of shells/tcsh
From:       Marc Espie <espie () schutzenberger ! liafa ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2001-12-18 8:01:27

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:12:35PM -0500, Steve Shockley wrote:
> I've attached an update of tcsh to 6.11, based on the 6.10 version.  This is
> my first public port, feedback encouraged.

tcsh has an official maintainer. What makes you believe he doesn't do his
work correctly ? Namely, when a port with a maintainer has a new version
out, the first thing to do is to ask the maintainer whether he intends to
update the port...

I don't want to curb your enthousiasm, but doing otherwise is an error,
because it makes it VERY likely that you are duplicating his work...