List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: remark during env FLAVOR=no_x11 make install of vim
From:       Han <han () mijncomputer ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-15 2:07:05

Marc Espie (espie@schutzenberger.liafa.jussieu.fr) wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:47:03AM +0100, Han wrote:
>> I have been so busy lately with all kinds of things you can't blame
>> me for missing this announcement. It is actually aimed purely at
>> porters.  I bet there will be a lot more questions if this isn't
>> posted in the near future on deadly. Or am I missing something?

> I don't control deadly,

Yes you do, you can post news over there. It's very easy. Dropping a
note there would have shut me up. And all the other that will ask the
same question.

> I don't really care whether it's posted there or not.

You rather have discussions over here.

> End-users should use packages.

Yeah why make ports public at all.

> Otherwise they can read ports@,

I do. I missed the message. It was aimed purily at portbuilders. I am
very busy atm so I don't read every message you write in exact detail.

> or get a clue from the web site. You'll note that www.openbsd.org
> was updated to reflect the current situation.

I will reread the ports documentation because of a version update. How
unlikely.

> Could you please leave this thread to die now ?

I got nothing more to say.

Cya, Han.