List:       openbsd-pf
Subject:    Return-On-Same-Path Configuration
From:       Digital Mercenary For Honor <dmfh.nospamr3m0v3th1s.dmfh.cx () clark ! newsguy ! com (-2
Date:       2008-04-15 19:30:38

Folks:

I have a lab configuration where I've got traffic coming in on two
Ethernet links into an OBSD 4.2 (GENERIC) box, with a third link
connected to an Ethernet LAN where I'm using PF to do round-robin
load-balancing to a small set of test web servers. The two incoming
Ethernet links are simulating WAN links (no special equipment, just two
links), and I'm wanting to make sure that traffic that comes in on
"Link-A" goes back out on "Link-A".

The example in the man page wasn't so clear to me. Could someone here
give me a definitive cookbook / answer? Does PF just "do this" while
tracking the state of the connection, or do I need to specify a few
rules to make sure things get routed properly? The two incoming links
are an equal-cost routing path to the source network.

Many thanks to all in advance for any / all advice / tips / steers.

/dmfh

--
 __| |_ __  / _| |_  		01100100 01101101