List:       openbsd-pf
Subject:    Re: pfctl limits on number of tables
From:       peter () bsdly ! net (Peter N !  M !  Hansteen)
Date:       2007-10-19 6:10:15

Russell Fulton <r.fulton@auckland.ac.nz> writes:

> These tables are at the end of a long list of table definitions and my
> immediate guess was that we had exceeded some resource limitation
> (memory -- clearly) that pf used when building the tables.

You can tweak the limits via 'set limit' options in your pf.conf,
within the limits of actually available memory.  see man pf.conf and
look for 'set limit'.

Also see Daniel Hartmeier's undeadly.org articles starting with
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20060927091645 for some
explanation.

The error reporting messages could possibly improved upon too.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/