List:       openbsd-pf
Subject:    Re: [shemminger@osdl.org: Re: Network slowdown from 2.6.7 to 2.6.9]
From:       Daniel Hartmeier <daniel () benzedrine ! cx>
Date:       2004-11-17 23:06:51

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:29:54PM +0059, Jedi/Sector One wrote:

>   Any comment on this? Is there actually any bug in pf support for window
> scaling that could significantly drop the throughput?

No, the one thing that some people like to call a 'bug' [1] [2]
(allowing state creation not on the initial SYN of the handshake, but
on a subsequent packet) typically stalls (window scaled) TCP
connections to the point where they have to be re-established, but most
people wouldn't describe that as 'dropping throughput'.

Unless the poster was rephrasing hearsay for the sake of provokation, I
have no idea what he's talking about.

Daniel

[1] http://www.benzedrine.cx/pf/msg05130.html
[2] http://www.benzedrine.cx/pf/msg05228.html