List:       openbsd-pf
Subject:    Re: Support for external files in pf.conf?
From:       Daniel Hartmeier <daniel () benzedrine ! cx>
Date:       2002-08-29 19:42:30

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:00:26PM -0700, Robert Schwartz wrote:

> Is there currently support for (or plans to include support for)
> external files for use in macros or in a rule?

There's a patch[1] that adds a generic 'include' statement to pf.conf,
so you could do

  /etc/pf.conf
    include "/etc/badips.txt"
    block in quick from $bad to any

  /etc/badips.txt
    bad="{ 10.1.1.1,
           10.1.1.2,
           10.1.1.3 }"

It applies to /usr/src/sbin/pfctl/parse.y in -current. It might make it
into the tree somewhere in the future, or it might not, but I find it
useful.

Daniel

[1] http://www.benzedrine.cx/pf-include.diff