List:       openbsd-newbies
Subject:    spamd and pf.conf
From:       Frank Bax <fbax () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2008-12-19 3:52:10

I'm looking at a very old pf.conf that hasn't changed in several years.

ext_if="vr0"
in_mx="127.0.0.1"

table <spamd> persist
table <spamd-white> persist
table <spamd-mywhite> persist

scrub in

rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-mywhite> to port smtp \
         -> $in_mx port smtp
rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd> to port smtp \
         -> 127.0.0.1 port spamd
rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-white> to port smtp \
         -> $in_mx port smtp
rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from !<spamd-white> to port smtp \
         -> 127.0.0.1 port spamd
pass in log on $ext_if proto tcp to ($ext_if) port smtp keep state
pass out log on $ext_if proto tcp from ($ext_if) to port smtp keep state

I notice that the default pf.conf of 4.4 contains some examples that
look similar but not quite the same as what I have.  Should my rules be
changed?

Frank