List:       openbsd-newbies
Subject:    Re: svscanboot core dumps on 4.3
From:       soc () visca ! com
Date:       2008-11-09 12:54:46

At 20:21 08/11/08 +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
>Its stongly recommended that you use bsd.rd, and choose "Upgrade",
>rather than untaring the files manually.  That'll handle much of the
>magic for you.

Unfortunately I don't have physical access to the machine.  Perhaps I
should have mentioned as well that I have been doing updates since 2.8
and have never had a similar problem.

>Additionally, 4.4 is out and has many improvements over
>4.3.  One nice tool is 'sysmerge'', which will handle updating your
>config files.

AFAIK there are no config files for daemontools.

>Have you tried rebuilding the djb binaries?

Just did this.  No joy.

I have just very carefully upgraded to 4.4 but the problem persists.

Thanks for your comments.

--
All the best (Adéu-siau),
Lou Hevly