List:       openbsd-newbies
Subject:    question on whitelisting and spamd
From:       Nico Meijer <nico.meijer () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-06 13:33:24

Hi all,

I run OpenBSD 3.6-stable on i386.

I'm trying to whitelist one Chinese IP-address. I've created a
whitelist.txt with a single IP-adress; nothing more. I've named the
whitelist "white" in spamd.conf. Relevant config is as follows, all
other is default:

all:\
        :spamhaus:china:white:korea:

white:\
        :white:\
        :method=file:\
        :file=/path/to/whitelist.txt

Reloading spamd with spamd-setup resulted in the following output:

Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/SBL.cidr.gz
blacklist spamhaus 5474 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/chinacidr.txt.gz
blacklist china 311 entries
whitelist white 312 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/koreacidr.txt.gz
blacklist korea 157 entries

Question: is this the expected behaviour? I had expected whitelist
"white" to contain 1 entry, not "china"+1. The address does not show up
in `pfctl -t spamd-white -Tshow`.

Sorry if I am being dense, hitting with cluesticks is highly
appreciated and TIA!... Nico