List:       openbsd-newbies
Subject:    IpSec and vpn
From:       Steve <steve () videogroup ! com>
Date:       2004-01-23 20:00:02

Hi,

I'm trying to verify capabilities and I'm not quite sure if it's doable.

The setup is as follows (all firewalls are OpenBSD 3.4):

There's an external network which I've built a firewall for in order to vpn
into the office network (LAN 1). The office LAN has a PF + NAT border F/W
with a DMZ and a mail server on it. Inside that I have a PF bridge to the
internal LAN.

All that's needed on LAN 2 is access to a server on LAN 1.

LAN 2 (10.0.2.0)

Firewall
    .
    .
INTERNET
    .
    .
Border F/W

    -------- Mail server

Bridge F/W

LAN 1 (10.0.1.0)

Can I put a vpn between the Bridge F/W and the LAN 2 F/W, or does bridging
in PF exclude that capability?

The Bridge F/W does not seem to allow ssh in from the Border, though it does
allow outbound (with stateful inspection) replies back in just fine, so I'm
wary as to why. The same rules that let ssh in on the Border does not work
in on the Bridge.