List:       openbsd-mobile
Subject:    OpenBSD-mobile: neo at pci
From:       Alex Holst <angrygod () oceanfree ! net>
Date:       2000-08-20 19:56:44

With 2.6 I had attempted to get the NeoMagic audiocard working in my Dell
laptop, but it wasn't actually supported. I was thrilled when 2.7 was released
because of the neo device which is supposed to support this very audiochip.

I am having major problems with it, however. I am finding my laptop hangs
during boot when it attempts to load the neo driver. I have to unplug the
power cable and battery or disable audio and neo to get it to boot again.

The card is very picky about which mp3 player I use; any other than mpg123
hangs my machine. Even with mpg123 it sometimes hangs for no reason.

When I suspend and resume the system, audio stops working. The device can
still be opened and mpg123 appears to be playing quite happily but no sound
emerges.

I have disabled IR and lpt ports in the bios. Is there anything else I can do?
Has anyone else experienced this, or are there things I could do to provide
more information?

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.