List:       openbsd-mobile
Subject:    OpenBSD-mobile: Insert and detect PCMCIA cards after boot?
From:       Michael Strasser <M.Strasser () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       1999-12-06 2:06:38

I have a finicky old 486 laptop that I'm trying to use as a dialup
firewall, with OpenBSD 2.5 (generic) installed.

The machine has something flaky with its PCMCIA setup: quite often it
freezes during boot after showing the "setting tty flags" message. All I
can do is power it off.

However, it always boots OK if the card slots are empty. (I have a
Netgear 410TX 10/100 Ethernet card and a D-Link DM-560 modem card.) Can
I boot without the cards, insert them and then detect them with some
software?

--
Michael Strasser
Brisbane, Australia