List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: starting kde
From:       "Vtail" <vtail-openbsd () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2001-08-30 5:37:17

Nathan,

i forgot to inform you that .xsession file must be a shell-script, i.e. it must be \
executable (try 'chmod a+x .xsession') and must starts with '#!/bin/sh', that is, the \
full example may looks like:

$ chmod a+x .xsession
$ cat .xsession
#!/bin/sh
startkde

Check also xdm man page.

> Okay: this is interesting.  If a .xsession exists in my home dir
> (regardless of the contents) the login screen keeps cycling.  If I remove

If xdm will fail to start your .xsession file, it will return you to login screen \
again - it's normal situation.

Vtail.