List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    RE: Fell in a friggin' hole
From:       John Stockard <john.stockard () vertsys ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 20:46:02

FWIW, I've bit myself in the ass this same way.  You've since resolved the
problem (congrats!), but just for the mailing list's posterity here's how I
fixed the same problem on one of my firewalls:

Hitting Ctrl-C on the console when it gets to the point of trying to load
ipmon did the trick for me (the Ctrl-C keystroke tells ipmon to die, which
lets the rest of the /etc/rc* scripts do their thing and ends you up at the
normal login prompt).