List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    cvs question
From:       Scott Cameron <scameron () ltsc ! ucsb ! edu>
Date:       2000-11-22 5:02:37

I'm trying to CVS the current OpenBSD source for the first time.  I'm
running a default install of 2.7 i386 on a Libretto 50CT.  I haven't
installed any ports yet so I'm using CSH, not bash, thus the use of setenv.
I tried getting CVS from the anoncvs@anoncvs1.usa.openbsd.org:/cvs.

I did the following trying to make it as simple as I could:
#setenv CVSROOT=anoncvs1.usa.openbsd.org:/cvs
#cd /usr
#cvs get src

I get the following response:
anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org: Unknown host
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of the file from server (consult above message
if any)

I tried to do it via SSH earlier but it said it was unable to execute
/usr/local/bin/ssh and /usr/bin/ssh when I pointed it there. I think I'm
missing some obvious problem there too :( (something to do with
~/ssh.config?)

I've read through the MiniFAQ and AnonCVS directions and read through the
archived misc list, but like I said before I'm probably missing something
obvious - so feel free to gently whack me with a clue stick.

Thanks,
Scott