List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Lockups in X
From:       Bob Bernstein <ruptured-duck () home ! com>
Date:       2000-01-18 15:19:01

Is there a keystroke combination for jumping out of X into a console? I know
in Linux Ctrl-Alt-Fwhutever will do it, with Ctrl-Alt-F7 returning to X.

Here's my method for locking up everything tight as a drum: run Netscape
with all the Java stuff turned on and log onto www.nypostonline.com. After
Netscape jams kill it with a -9 and forget to remove the lock file. Then
restart Netscape. Bingo. This locked up the mouse, keyboard, and all tcpip
traffic. It would have been nice to be able to get to a command line in
another console.

This is running a stock model out-of-the-box obsd 2.6 on a P-166. Netscape
is Communicator 4.61, from the ports collection some time last year.

(This has languished on the newsgroup for a couple of days, so I thought I'd
try my luck here.)