List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re[4]: ishmail via linux emulation
From:       Bob Bernstein <ruptured-duck () home ! com>
Date:       1999-11-15 15:21:13

Dennis Davis <ccsdhd@bath.ac.uk> wrote:

> >So now my question is: how important is that '$v' variable, and what is it?
>
> It's almost certainly an indication that the file system type is
> 4.2BSD.

Ah...it's been awhile since I had to look at a disk label.

> Note that the above script will only pick out "vanilla"
> partitions. Ie those that mount reports like:
>
> /dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local)

fwiw, here's the mtab that script gave me:

/dev/wd0a / 4.2 rw,dev=0000 1 1
/dev/wd0d /home 4.2 rw,dev=0003 1 2

which seems to do whatever trick ishmail needed done.

--
Bob Bernstein                http://members.home.net/ruptured-duck
at

"I think it's a bad treaty." Henry Kissinger in The Washington Post, 10/14/99.