List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Mutt Users: Help!
From:       Bob Bernstein <ruptured-duck () home ! com>
Date:       1999-08-18 17:17:12

I am trying to get colors to work in mutt in a console session without at the
same time scrambling the rest of the terminal, eg without disabling vim, etc.

I have what I think are good lines for color config in .muttrc. When I set
TERM to cons25 or rxvt they seem to work ok, but then I have trouble with
other stuff, as noted (vim).

Surely among all the mutt users on this list there's someone who is running
mutt with color in a console, and who could let me peek at their .cshrc (or
equivalent) and their .muttrc?

All this terminal stuff's got me nuts. (For the record this off-the-shelf
intel obsd2.5; I use tcsh.) For instance, I can run tin in glorious color in a
console, with TERM at the default vt220. I get _some_ colors in vim but they
aren't right: the black background doesn't show up properly until I set TERM
to either cons25 or rxvt, but then the key-bindings go south on me.

--
Bob Bernstein                http://members.home.net/ruptured-duck
at                            -->  The Hillary Chronicles  <--