List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Wacom pen tip pressure
From:       ruivlea <ruivlea () protonmail ! com>
Date:       2024-05-13 15:09:14

Hello,

I tried to use wacom CTL-672, it works. Except pen tip pressure,
As stated in man uwacom.

On linux, pen tip pressure also not working if xf86-input-wacom
not installed.

In /src/sys/dev/hid/hidms.c:
case HID_USAGE2(HUP_WACOM | HUP_DIGITIZERS, HUD_TIP_PRESSURE):
			DPRINTF(("Stylus usage pressure set\n"));
			ms->sc_loc_z = h.loc;
			ms->sc_tsscale.minz = h.logical_minimum;
			ms->sc_tsscale.maxz = h.logical_maximum;
			ms->sc_flags |= HIDMS_Z;
			break;
Seems like it can read tip pressure, but need more processing,
isn't it? (correct me if i wrong).

So, to make pen tip pressure works, do we need uwacom + X driver (xf86-input-wacom) \
to handle advanced process?. Is xf86-input-wacom need to be ported?.
Or just improve uwacom?.
Or both?

It would be good if pen tip pressure can be used on openbsd.