List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Mouse not working via KVM switch
From:       Karel Lucas <cahlucas () planet ! nl>
Date:       2023-08-21 20:51:41

Dear Nick,

I have now installed Linux on the same computer in place of openBSD and
the mouse works fine via the KVM switch. This despite possible broken
capacitors, wrong voltages and malfunctioning computers. Note that not
all computers connected to the KVM switch will work at the same time.
There appear to be other problems with openBSD's X-window system. The X
session on openBSD is started manually with "startx". After stopping
such a session with ctrl + alt + backspace I get the following error
messages:

    WARNING: Kernel has no file descriptor comparison support: No such
file or directory
    (EE) Failed to open authorization file
"/root/.serverauth.xxxxxxxxxx": Permission denied
                                      (xxxxxxxxxx has different
characters at each session)
    xterm: fatal IO error 35 (resource temporarily unavailable) or
KillClient on X server ":0"

I don't know what these error messages mean and how to fix them. Maybe
someone can help me with that. It looks like it's not just a problem
with the mouse, but there's more to it.