List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Using gzip-static with httpd location
From:       Zack Newman <zack () philomathiclife ! com>
Date:       2023-03-23 23:18:44

> On 3/23/23 21:22, Jared Harper wrote:
> On my server (7.2 amd64) I have gzip-static set in the server block as
> documented, and it appears to work as expected. I am sorry that it
> probably doesn't help your situation, but maybe the differences in
> configuration can help point you in the right direction?

Very helpful. I just gave up on gzip-static since my files are not
_that_ big. Iteratively changing my httpd.conf(5) to be more like yours
showed that having pass in a location block prevented the compressed
file from being sent. I had

	location * {
		pass
	}

in my file which I realize now was unnecessary anyway. Removing that
block fixed it.