List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Firefox or Xenocara? key bindings
From:       Omar Polo <op () omarpolo ! com>
Date:       2022-04-25 8:32:38

Derek <openbsd@q7r7.com> wrote:
> Could someone knowledgable with Firefox or Xenocara help explain this?
>
> OpenBSD (amd64) has been my primary desktop OS for 20 years now. Always -RELEASE.
>
> In Firefox, to select the contents of the current form field, you used to hit
> Ctrl-a.
>
> Last year, it became Alt-a. I don't know if this was a Xenocara or Firefox change.
>
> This week, with 7.1, neither Ctrl-a nor Alt-a works for selecting the contents
> of the current form field.  I can't figure out any key combination that does it.
>
> I always do a fresh OS install and fresh Firefox install with default settings,
> keeping no old configs.  So I'm talking about default behavior.
>
> Is this key mapping inside Firefox? Where does it get assigned? Can I change it?

maybe it's the gtk "key themes"?  The default on OpenBSD is "emacs",
that's why C-a on some applications move the cursor at the start instead
of selecting everything.

you can change it with (untested, just found on the internetz)

$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-key-theme 'Default'

but the emacs "key theme" was the default for a long time...