List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: How can I remove sets installed by sysupgrade?
From:       "Theo de Raadt" <deraadt () openbsd ! org>
Date:       2019-09-24 12:13:22

chohag@jtan.com wrote:

> It seems that the OpenBSD devs and/or project "support" only an
> installation which has not not taken advantage of any of the optional
> non-extras (primarily: not installing sets) the installer has to
> offer. I understand and agree with the reasons for this but I grumble
> somewhat about the way it's presented.

It is rather fundamental.  When we provide more choices to users, it
means we must support the code that supplies more choices, and must
test those cases before shipping releases.  This type of testing is
very often not done for releases, because the non-default cases are
used by a minority, so it is where things break.

I have threatened a few times to get merge all sets into one, because
the few people non-deliberately choosing the non-default case are tripping
over their incorrectly tied shoelaces too much.