List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    More fun with the new smtpd.conf syntax
From:       Liviu Daia <liviu.daia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-05-26 15:38:50

    I'm trying to upgrade a trivial config:

	table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases

	listen on lo0 inet4
	limit mta inet4
	bounce-warn 1d

	accept from local for any relay via 192.168.7.2

    The aliases file contains, aside from the defaults:

        root:	daia
        daia:	daia@[192.168.7.2]

    Basically this machine shouldn't receive mail, and all messages
generated locally should be relayed to a certain user at some other
machine.  This has worked well for a few years.

    My naive attempt to achieve the same with the new syntax doesn't
work:

	table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases

	listen on lo0 inet4
	set bounce warn-interval 1d

	action "local" mbox alias <aliases>
	action "relay" relay host 192.168.7.2

	match for local action "local"
	match from local for any action "relay"

    This delivers locally generated messages to the local user "daia",
the forward alias "daia@[192.168.7.2]" is ignored.

    Commenting out the "match for local" line doesn't work either: it
relays messages to the remote machine, but obviously aliases are not
resolved.

    Other combinations involving expand-only, forward-only, and virtual
are mentioned by name, without being actually documented in any obvious
place.  So, is there any way to make this work again?

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia