List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: hidden services stopped working
From:       ares () riseup ! net
Date:       2016-05-31 23:41:05

I'm not sure it's the same problem. Though it sounds interesting, what's
in your torrc? Try the enabling:
CloseHSClientCircuitsImmediatelyOnTimeout 1
CloseHSServiceRendCircuitsImmediatelyOnTimeout 1
UserspaceIOCPBuffers 1
AvoidDiskWrites 1
I'm not sure what happened to my setup quite yet I've been trying to
figure it out while staying current with snapshots. So following the
logs the virtual address get's allocated and automapped for the .onion
and tries to pass it off to rewrite_and_attach_if_allowed and that's
where it gets stuck. Thought it was a permission thing or a side effect
of w^x being turned on but I've since eliminated those possibilities. It
seems the function evdns_server_callback() is unable to pass the automap
to rewrite_and_attach_if_allowed and just continues in a loop trying
until timeout or max retries is hit. Not really sure how to proceed at
this very moment but I'll keep pondering away.