List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: OpenBSD misc
From:       Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-03-31 10:49:59

> Hi Jubjub Jenkins,
>
> That's your name, isn't it? Or it's just a pseudonym behind which you hide all your \
> hatred towards humanity?
> If you're the person in charge of misc@openbsd.org, just ban me from posting to it.
>
> Adam

Arch linux started moderating, it is a bad idea. Hard truths like ntp
could be insecure (knowing about the work behind OpenNTP) and fsck
should not fail from a dead bios battery should be heard and not called
out as trolling but there was thought behind it. A good example
because it turns out ntp was insecure. Other things were later
moderated that did turn out to be true too (I forget the details
and don't care enough to look them up but patches proved it).

That does not give u the right to be disrespectful of the rules of a
mailing list though even if I have been guilty of being lazy myself
before when snowed under.

http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html

Considering you top posted maybe you are just unconsiderate of other
peoples time, in which case people have short memories. OTOH is
kenhen@dcemail a reference to hen in the kennel trying to get everyone
to attack? If that is true then developers are doing important work
here and don't get enough for it but I expect that to change. The work
is certainly far more worthy than work done in FreeBSD.

You know I believe FreeBSD uses an old? PF by default these days so
maybe they like Apple and Blackberry owe OpenBSD some cash??

--

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable